Senior Compliance Officer
64a/65 Athol Street
Isle of Man
Tel: 01624 639450
Senior Compliance Officer
The MAC Group, is growing and so is our compliance department. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and ambitious senior compliance officer and deputy MLRO to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. If you have the ability to produce quality work to strict deadlines, then we want to hear from you.
We are the Isle of Man’s leading financial services provider for corporate and private clients.
The MAC Group is an innovative group of companies comprising of MAC Financial Limited, a licenced independent financial advisor, MAC Commercial & Professional Risks Limited, a registered general insurance intermediary and our registered professional retirement benefits schemes administrator, MAC Financial Pension Trustees Limited.
Please read the requirements below and if you think this could be you, please email
a cover letter detailing why you should be considered for the role along with your cv to HR@macgroup.im
As our Senior Compliance Officer, reporting to the Head of Regulatory Risk, you will be expected to play a key role in providing assurance to the boards that the regulated entities within the MAC Group each comply with their regulatory obligations and provide assistance as required with ongoing and ad hoc projects.
Key Responsibilities include
- A key role in the risk management framework, working with department head to ensure risks are identified, assessed, managed and controlled within the appetite of the board
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities.
- Preparing regular risk reports to the board
- Continued development of the compliance monitoring framework.
- Execution of the agreed compliance monitoring plans to ensure compliance with Group policies and our regulatory obligations.
- Preparing regular reports to the board of the compliance monitoring, including any identified deficiencies and the progress in their resolution
- Assisting in providing regulatory compliance advice to the business on regulatory issues.
- Managing the investigation of complaints ensuring they are resolved thoroughly, accurately and without bias.
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns.
- Assisting with the review of company literature and promotional material for adherence to applicable regulations.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with the business, the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority, the Information Commissioner and, where required, our clients.
- Delivering training and coaching to team members across the business whilst promoting an open and effective compliance and risk awareness culture.
- Maintenance of the regulatory registers.
- Deputising for the MLRO when they are absent from the office, and executing the statutory role of Deputy Money Reporting Officer
- Assisting in the maintenance of the Group polices, processes and procedures as they relate to Compliance, AML and Data Protection.
- Assistance in the provision of regular regulatory updates to the business
- Handling Subject Access Requests including liaising with staff as appropriate and production of material
- Ability to produce quality work to strict deadlines
- A team player with demonstrable and robust communication skills
- Accurately complete administrative and technical work
- Self-motivated with a structured approach to work
- Identify and analyse problems by interpreting data available
- Professional manner
- Competent user of Microsoft Office packages
- Analytical experience and ability to identify trends and root cause and identify solutions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and provide measured and well-articulated responses
- Ability to coach and feedback effectively to teams and individuals, peers and senior managers.
- The successful candidate must have strong organisational and time management skills, be keen to learn and have a continued interest in self-development with a desire to build a professional career, have a professional and positive approach to their work, be able to communicate effectively with clients and staff alike, have excellent customer service and people skills, diligent attention to detail and work well as part of a team
Qualifications and Experience
You will have at least 5 years’ experience within the regulated sector, of which at least three years will have been in a compliance setting
You will have a comprehensive understanding of the Isle of Man AML/CFT framework and its obligations on regulated entities
You should already possess or be working towards an Advanced Certificate level GRC, AML/CFT, or financial crime prevention qualification, with a desire to progress towards the Diploma
Preferably you will have an in-depth knowledge of the Rule Book
Ideally you will have demonstrable experience under at least two of the following regulatory regimes: the Financial Services Act, the Insurance Act and the Retirement Benefits Schemes Act
Please send a covering letter and cv through to HR@macgroup.im by the 15th March 2023